Monday 11 February 2013

Product Evaluation Q7

Product Evaluation Question 7

Looking back at the preliminary task, what do you feel you have learnt from it to your final product?




Looking back at my preliminary task I have noticed a large change in the style of filming and being able to notice when the different types of shots are needed. I think I am able to realise when a cretain shot is needed. I think during the editing I have learnt a whole new set of skills that are able to help in futrue editing. I feel that since the preliminary task I have been able to use editing tools alot easier and quicker. I am able to notice more mistakes in my work and I am able to make changes to that.

The biggest difference between the prelimenary task and the main task was the amount of shots and length they would have to be. Unlike in the prlimenary task the main task needs sound, mise en scen and more editing in it.
 At the start of making the main product we created a storyboard and on that story board we had created our entire 2 minute opening scene for our film. What we soon realised was that to make the full length opening scene there needed to be alot more shots and they needed to be longer aswell. From here we went on to make more clips and do alot more filming. Our first cut was average and we hadn't filled the full 2 minutes. So we quickly learnt that there needed to be alot more than what we had. After the second draft we started to look at music and editing in more detail. We soon found that the music needed to be a bit quieter than i was so that we could still hear the footsteps and the noises around the boys. From the editing I learnt that you constatly need to check through what you have done so that you know it flows and runs smoothly. After a lot of shooting and using different shots we noticed many different things going wrong with the camerawork. These problems were because of lighting and the area that we filmed in. We soon learnt that we needed to dot he filming at similar times so the lighting was right and the continuity was correct. We couldnt have it daytime in one shot then darker in the next.

No comments:

Post a Comment